Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Any Good Podcasts? (Husker Du - The Current's 5 Part Podcast)
Author: mats84 
Date:   11-04-17 17:42

This is a good one but thought I'd ask for some recommendations if ya got any you like.

Husker Du:

https://www.thecurrent.org/collection/husker-du/

Reply To This Message

Re: Any Good Podcasts? (Husker Du - The Current's 5 Part Podcast)
Author: zwirnm 
Date:   11-04-17 21:10

Thanks for the Hüsker Dü link!

I am part of Chunky Glasses, a DC music commentary and review blog and podcast. We talk about, and cover, all sorts of stuff - both new records, concerts, and themed shows, like one on sexual harassment in music. I have ended up on some of the recent chats on country music, as well as some of the power pop and other discussions, although a lot of their recent content has been on soul like Aaron Abernathy (I sat in on that interview) and Miles Mosley...

Reply To This Message

Author: BCE 
Date:   11-04-17 22:52

Maron's WTF podcast continues to be worthwhile listening for me - interview subjects are as diverse as Alice Cooper, Aimee Mann, Marilyn Manson, and Lorde.

Reply To This Message

Author: BCE 
Date:   11-04-17 23:06

@zwirnm - very good to see country fairly rep'd, not just alt-country like Wilco, etc., but also contemporary country like Margo Price, Sunny Sweeney, and Lydia Loveless (who not many people remember did an awesome cover of Kirsty MacColl's 'They Don't Know' not too long ago.) I do draw the line at 'bro-country,' though - not counting Eric Church, because he's not bro-country.

Reply To This Message

Author: zwirnm 
Date:   11-06-17 14:59

The site manager, Kevin, is from rural Virginia and talks country a lot. Marcus Dowling, one of the regulars, just did a big piece on life as a black fan of country music; it's very good. I was on the Margo Price chat (we were ... not hugely impressed) and we all saw Sunny Sweeney together, although Kevin is irate that Sunny is a member of "NRA Country," the gun advocate social group for country listeners. I enjoyed the Sunny Sweeney show though. As for Lydia Loveless, I like her and keep thinking of early Lone Justice, and "Ways to Be Wicked." But I wasn't on that podcast.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org