Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 RIP Tobe Hooper
Author: BCE 
Date:   08-27-17 08:30

Also directed Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself" video.

Reply To This Message

Re: RIP Tobe Hooper
Author: hoip chiggs 
Date:   08-27-17 10:14

Ya, but will forever be known for directing one of the greatest horror films of all time:

The film which you are about to see is an account of the tragedy which befell a group of five youths, in particular Sally Hardesty and her invalid brother, Franklin. It is all the more tragic in that they were young. But, had they lived very, very long lives, they could not have expected nor would they have wished to see as much of the mad and macabre as they were to see that day. For them an idyllic summer afternoon drive became a nightmare. The events of that day were to lead to the discovery of one of the most bizarre crimes in the annals of American history, THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE.

Forty thousand chainsaws were demolished in a single day. They were thrown from rooftops, burned in campfires, taken apart by mechanics, thrown into lakes and rivers, abandoned on mountaintops, hung from trees, shuttled into space, buried six feet under and run over by cars. They were innocent implements invented by man to tame the forest. But they were destroyed because of environmental activists striking back.....

Post Edited (08-27-17 10:31)

Reply To This Message

Author: HollowbodyKay 
Date:   08-27-17 10:22

Quote:

will forever be known for directing one of the greatest horror films of all time

Quote:

Also directed Billy Idol's "Dancing With Myself" video.

They're both horrific.

RIP.

Reply To This Message

Author: MrFab 
Date:   08-27-17 20:14

Without whom we wouldnt have:

Texas chainsaw massa-cree
Took my baby away from me

'Twas therefor a film that helped alter the course of music and culture.

When i was younger i wasnt sure if Da Brudders knew how 'massacre' was pronounced. They had me goin there for a while.

Reply To This Message

Author: Delvin 
Date:   08-28-17 10:03

Almost enough to make me wonder/speculate how Hooper died.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org