Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Adam Ants' Swingin' Singles Tour
Author: MrFab 
Date:   08-21-17 16:30

Actually I think he's referring to the little black round 45 rpm type thingies (and their b-sides) so this should be good. I quite like his early "Dirk Wears White Sox" era. Lotsa great singles from that period. Mrs Fab is more of a "Goodie Two Shoes" kinda gal, so hopefully we'll all be happy. Got our tix for the Greek.

Hey Floridians! You get not one, not two, but four count 'em FOUR big shows coming to the Sunshine State. Lotsa Antpeople down there?

http://www.adam-ant.com/

Post Edited (08-21-17 16:30)

Reply To This Message

Re: Adam Ants' Swingin' Singles Tour
Author: Heff 
Date:   08-21-17 17:28

Wow! He started off the year touring, playing "Kings of the Wild Frontier" in its entirety and now he's doing another tour. Either he loves the stage or he's got some serious debts to pay.

Reply To This Message

Author: Post-Punk Monk 
Date:   08-22-17 08:33

The one time I saw Adam Ant was in Orlando in 1993. Super hot show in a packed club! Marco was still in the band along with Boz Boorer and he did at least two songs from every album period. I'm so glad I went, as I passed on the only other Orlando show, the unappealing at the time [and even now] Prince Charming Revue tour of 82. I've wanted to see AA ever since, and with his mental health issues, it's been touchy, but I hope for the best for him. I see the closest he's coming is Charlotte on 9-22, so I'll pass. I have an out of towner the next month for King Crimson in Raleigh and plenty to keep me in town for during September. Everyone else? Enjoy the show.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Reply To This Message

Author: Delvin 
Date:   08-22-17 10:01

I saw Adam and his band four years ago in Seattle, and the show was pretty much everything I could've hoped for. A tight band, an energetic performance from the Dandy Highwayman, and a very generous setlist. A good opening act, too.

His most recent visit to Jet City, last February, sold out fast, leaving me in the cold. But as Heff pointed out, he seems to be really into the touring thing these days, so there's hope.

Reply To This Message

Author: MrFab 
Date:   10-06-17 16:11

Saw him last Sat and had a great time. Missed most of openers L7's set, but that choice of supporter should give you an idea of what to expect - full-on rock n roll, enuff with the whole "New Romantic" nonsense already. His pre-show piped-in music was another clue: '70s glam/punk (Dolls, iggy, Bowie), '70s punk/punk (X Ray Spex, "Tell That Girl To Shut Up"), and some '60s nuggets. Cleary, we were here to party like it's 1979. Then: a loud noisy show heavy on early singles. Sporting two (and when Ant participated, THREE) roaring buzzsaw guitars, and two drummers, the neo-Ants played with furious energy.

The show started with "Beat My Guest," "Vive Le Rock," (don't remember third song), "Dog Eat Dog," and so forth and so on. Took a couple very short (2 minute?) breaks, came back with the one-two punch of "Lady" and "Fall-In" that had me pogo-ing. Mrs Fab & I loved the female drummer, sporting a huge televangelist wig, shades (or a mask) and one of those striped Warhol boating shirts. Who was that cool chick?!

Show wasn't sold out, but the 98% white middle-aged crowd (including plenty of made-up pirate-clad Antpeople) ate it up. Didn't have much to say between songs, just a few cordial words. Go see him!

Post Edited (10-06-17 16:14)

Reply To This Message

Author: Post-Punk Monk 
Date:   10-06-17 17:14

Dang! Sounds like fun! I just got the DLX RM of the "Viva Le Rock" album for my birthday and it's all that I was expecting after 32 years of wanting to hear it.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Post Edited (10-07-17 12:14)

Reply To This Message

Author: Heff 
Date:   10-09-17 13:37

MrFab wrote:

> Mrs Fab & I loved the female drummer, sporting a huge televangelist
> wig, shades (or a mask) and one of those striped Warhol boating
> shirts. Who was that cool chick?!

That would be Jola. Reading the article, I discovered that Ant's guitarist died two days after I saw them this year in January!

Reply To This Message

Author: hoip chiggs 
Date:   10-09-17 21:08

Whatever you do, don't drink, don't smoke.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org