Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 The Church back in the States
Author: Michael Toland 
Date:   07-13-17 11:06

This fall.

Details.

Reply To This Message

Re: The Church back in the States
Author: breno 
Date:   07-13-17 11:42

And of course, they're skipping St. Louis. I think they've played here twice in 35 years, and the last time they were here it was at the sound-swallowing, asphyxiating, soul-destroying tar pit the Ready Room. I was 25 feet from the stage and it sounded like I was listening to them on an intercom at the bottom of a well in the next county.

But that could just be the heat stroke talking. That show was the only time in my life I can remember walking outside to 91 degree heat at 11 pm and breathing a sigh of relief at how cool and refreshing it felt.

Reply To This Message

Author: Post-Punk Monk 
Date:   07-13-17 13:28

Holy Toledo! They're coming to my town! Guess I'd better go. I saw the "Starfish" tour [w/ Tom Verlaine/Peter Murphy - what a triple bill!] 29 years ago but have not had the pleasure since.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-13-17 15:03

They were terrific at SXSW a couple of years ago. You can even watch that show hhere. Which is interesting - I was there and don't remember seeing any cameras. Glad they captured it, though.

Reply To This Message

Author: zwirnm 
Date:   07-13-17 15:35

I see they are playing the 9:30 in DC. I saw them ages ago in Portland, and it was not a great show - they had sound problems. But I was less informed of their work and back catalogue then than I am now; would be willing to check them out again.

Reply To This Message

Author: Delvin 
Date:   07-13-17 18:04

I'll miss their Seattle show. I'll be on vacation when they're here.

Reply To This Message

Author: STEVE 
Date:   07-13-17 19:58

If you can't go to church because your on vacation, the CHURCH will come to you. Just leave message with the band where your gonna be. The old bondi beach blokes signed up for the 'endless summer' tour that includes two dates in fla. I'm nearly speechless, all can hurl up is,

You bloody rippers!

Post Edited (07-13-17 22:48)

Reply To This Message

Author: Delvin 
Date:   07-14-17 11:33

> If you can't go to church because your on vacation, the CHURCH will come to you.

Not bloody likely, mate. (Wow, I can't believe I typed that. What a perpetrator.) I'll be in the UK, the first half of September. I'm also booked for a visit back to CO in October, but before I get there, the boys will have their tour dates wrapped up.

Reply To This Message

Author: Aitch 
Date:   07-17-17 20:34

For those that miss out, the doco "Something Quite Peculiar: The Life and Time of Steve Kilbey" is about to screen at the Melbourne Film Festival so it should be making its way to you folks sometime soon.

Reply To This Message

Date:   07-19-17 12:40

Here's the trailer for that.

I'd still like to read his book. It was never released over here and I could never quite bring myself to pay the extra money for an import.

Reply To This Message

Author: breno 
Date:   07-19-17 13:40

Ah, man! I hadn't even noticed that the Helio Sequence is opening for them on this tour. Now I'm even grouchier about how badly St. Louis sucks.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org