Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 coup d'etat
Author: STEVE 
Date:   07-06-17 22:16

my beloved WMNF, Tampa, Fl
today i woke early only to hear guns n roses song, An aonomaly, i thought. So I shut it off. Nothing like a bit of quick thinking.
Still feeling out of sorts, I reminded meself that 'it's gonna be a great day'. i reckoned right.
Until About 1PM, my once glorious free station broadcast managers had somehow capitulated to its knees and decided it was okay to take payola from Tampa Bay Buccaneers owner Malcolm Glazer in the form of sports loving media propagandists.

Then, I heard that sickening sound of a radio stations soul being traded for a new digitally syndicated cash register.

just penciling it in my diary now, (i have no secrets from you) Thur 7 Jul 2017, WMNF let two asshole lickers into the studio to convince Florida residents to pay for a new stadium for another billionaire NFL owner.

I'm post editing (again/sozzy) here, but this sums up the good natured responses from "real" call in residents, not those in house calls from those oh so talented voice disguising traveling dj's. I'm paraphrasing here, "FUCK YOU Glazer. Move the team to New Mexico and take the fucking Dolphins and Jaguars with you.

Post Edited (07-06-17 22:56)

Reply To This Message

Re: coup d'etat
Author: Post-Punk Monk 
Date:   07-07-17 07:19

WMNF is dead from the neck up now? Tragic!

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Reply To This Message

Re: coup d'etat
Author: STEVE 
Date:   07-09-17 18:42

Yeah mate, and I know your no alarmist.
I really dunno if those calls the station took were either in-house or "real" public calls.
Everything has been so co opted for so long now. i really can't tell the difference between a honest answer and a patronizing one.

But i can tell you this, a motherfucking billionaire can spend your money faster than satan's sycophants can shovel it into the flames of hell!

Wait there... Steve Ross paid for the Dolphin stadium maintenance upgrades. The Dolphins can stay. if Ross, could only find another NFL team to play his squad a 1pm home game in September. Checking schedule...what's this, Buccaneers on the 10th,? perfect.

Tune in for yet another battle between the million dollar bastard sons of NFL billionaires and their "tastes like cat's piss" very patriotic, in a military way, american beer sponsors.

i can't subject myself another year of it. This is my last NFL post. Fuck 'em

Post Edited (07-13-17 22:20)

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org