Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Anyone seen The Blasters lately?
Author: Post-Punk Monk 
Date:   05-16-17 14:06

My neighbor had invited me out to see The Blasters in town in a few weeks. I always sort of liked their early pre-Warner material, though I never bought any. Anyone got any tales? I told him I'd go, so I'll be there.

Former TP subscriber [81, 82, 83, 84]

https://postpunkmonk.com
For further rumination on the Fresh New Sound of Yesterday®

Reply To This Message

Re: Anyone seen The Blasters lately?
Author: MrFab 
Date:   05-16-17 16:21

Haven't seen 'em in their totality, but 3 of 'em (plus two X-ers) backed Chris D in a fantastic Flesh Eaters show I saw Jan 2015. They were great, but they were playing Flesh Eaters songs.

The Blasters were one of those "critics bands." No one I know really liked 'em, and I was (and am) usually a big fan of the Slash posse. Why critics fell all over themselves praising the Blasters while dismissing the Gun Club is a mystery for the ages.

Reply To This Message

Re: Anyone seen The Blasters lately?
Author: Delvin 
Date:   05-16-17 17:03

It's been about three years since I saw The Blasters, on a double bill with X. The band sounded great, and Phil's voice was all there. He sure does show the miles, but don't we all.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org