Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Go-Betweens documentary
Author: Michael Toland 
Date:   05-12-17 16:25

Details here.

Reply To This Message

Re: Go-Betweens documentary
Author: Five*Words 
Date:   05-13-17 00:04

Can't wait to see this. Hard to believe Grant passed away 11 years ago this month.

Reply To This Message

Author: BCE 
Date:   05-13-17 07:45

I have been spitballing various versions of "Love Goes On" for a w*dding mix CD to give some to-be-newlyweds. The lyrics, like those of "Streets of Your Town," are eerily appropriate in the craziness of our current world.

Wasn't there a 'lost album' somewhere in between '16 Lovers Lane' and 'The Friends of Rachel Worth'? Freakchild - found it:
http://rateyourmusic.com/release/unauth/the_go_betweens/the_botany_sessions/

Really hoping this docu gets some U.S. distribution -- the Paul Kelly documentary was really shortchanged here.

Reply To This Message

Author: mats84 
Date:   05-13-17 13:57

Looks really good.......as great as their music was it holds up exceedingly well all these years later too.

You're hearing it in the sounds of some really good bands like Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever .....

Post Edited (05-13-17 14:08)

Reply To This Message

Author: Five*Words 
Date:   05-13-17 22:54

Forster's "Grant And I" Go-Bs memoir is supposed to finally see a US release in July, and the second box set is also rumored to be in the works. Mats, I totally agree about the catalog standing the test of time, and I think the solo works have also held up really well.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org