Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Thank you, Mr. Toland
Author: Delvin 
Date:   01-23-12 09:16

... for finishing & submitting your Porcupine Tree review. Damn, that must've taken some work!

It's anyone's guess why it doesn't appear in the What's New list, but in any event, here it is.

Reply To This Message

Re: Thank you, Mr. Toland
Author: Michael Toland 
Date:   01-23-12 10:04

Thanks, dude. I think it's impossible for me to name a favorite band, but if I have one, PT is it, so I'm thrilled that Ira agreed to it. My only regret is that I don't own enough of the No-Man catalog to cover them as well (though what I do have I dig). Hopefully I can remedy that over the next year.

It took me a long time to start (like, um, a year and a half), but I have to admit that the bulk of it was written over the course of about 3 days. Then I had to wait for Grace For Drowning to come out and be fully absorbed before I could finish the piece.

I'm really curious to hear what people think. There's been discussion on this board before about the nature of music criticism and the idea of a consumer guide vs. a deeper discussion about the music. My work, for better or worse, tends to fall into the former category, but I wanted this entry to be more than that. I don't know if I succeeded or not, but I'm quite proud of the result regardless.

Reply To This Message

Author: zoo 
Date:   01-23-12 10:31

Bravo, Michael! I think you hit the nail on the head w/ your assessment of the major PT releases (which is another way of saying I don't really disagree with anything).

Reply To This Message

Author: Paganizer 
Date:   01-23-12 10:35

GJ

Reply To This Message

Author: hoip chiggs 
Date:   01-23-12 11:04

Think I'll check out Porcupine Tree too, see what's up.

Reply To This Message

Author: Delvin 
Date:   01-23-12 11:57

I sure enjoy what I know by the band. And the gig I saw in Stuttgart in 2009 was awesome.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org