Trouser Press

Back to: HomeReviewsWhat's New

New Topic  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Search  |  Log In   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 DEVIN HILL
Author: STEVE 
Date:   11-17-04 09:15

This guy wrote some absolutely wonderful songs throughout the eighties and nineties. Has anyone heard anything about his recent work? "Paging Mr. Hill"

Reply To This Message

Re: DEVIN HILL
Author: michael baker 
Date:   11-17-04 10:00

no

but i know this: was member of popsters from midwest (ill?) (Iowa?) the dangtrippers and either them or he are/were/is

1. fascinated by writings of Pynchon
2. in love with big star

two facts that make mre VERY interested in hearing them: you are judged by yr company, hence my worries about being a member (?) here.

Reply To This Message

Date:   11-17-04 10:37

thank you MB, by the way what was the name of the band in that great Pynchon story (cant remember that either!) p.s. Hill's '94 album "STARS" is the one to hear.

Reply To This Message

Date:   11-17-04 10:55

from the modern word website a BRILLIANT collection of weird cultural bi-sections re mysterious Tom, the best friend of my wife's uncle, and constant attendee at yankee games btw

is this the band???????

In Gravity's Rainbow, a group called The Fool in which Slothrop plays is described (GR, Viking, 742), posed "in the arrogant style of the early Stones, near an old rocket-bomb site" (742). In fact, a real band called "Fool" did exist in the late 60's. They produced one album called Fool in 1969 (Mercury) which was produced by none other than Graham Nash, the major force behind both the Hollies and Crosby, Stills & Nash. The group was comprised of Barry Finch, Marijke Koger, Josje Leeger, and the oddly named Simone Posthuma. There is also an unidentified harmonica player on the album. Hmmm. . . . The album cover is covered with Tarot imagery and the most interesting track (No. 3) is called "Rainbow Man." We can only assume that the group was referring to the mystical end of Slothrop himself and were unable to get "Rainbow Cock" past the censors. . . .

Reply To This Message

Date:   11-17-04 11:44

TOUCHET'! thanks MB. You remain a vital link to other arrogantly styled paranormals.

Reply To This Message

Date:   11-18-04 06:45

hey--

i HAVE the answer i think

The Paranoids, from The Crying of Lot 49, his short novel.

Reply To This Message

Author: lwray 
Date:   01-07-05 15:59

Last I knew, he had a publishing deal with Bug, back in 2001. I think he was working on something post-"Wayout Lane" at that time, a collection of his songs? Could've been just a collection he burned for me, since we were bandmates twice in the last 12 years and he's a very good friend. I've lost touch w/him since I moved from MN two years ago, but that can be remedied.

Reply To This Message
 Threaded View   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.

phorum.org